Karnataka will probably be going below lockdown for 14 days from Tuesday Evening at 9 pm. The time interval for important companies will probably be from 6 am to 10 am. The Karnataka authorities led by BS Yediyurappa took the choice concerning “lockdown-like” curbs amid the rising circumstances within the state.
BS Yediyurappa additionally introduced that after 10 am all outlets will shut. Solely building, manufacturing & agriculture sectors will probably be allowed. Public transport can even stay shut.
The choice comes only a day after Karnataka registered 34, 804 new COVID-19 circumstances, with 20,733 in Bengaluru. With the contemporary spike in circumstances, the state’s COVID tally shot as much as 13,39,201, together with 2,62,162 lively circumstances, whereas recoveries elevated to 10,62,594. The positivity price rose to 19.70 p.c and the case fatality price was 0.41 p.c throughout the state on Saturday.
These are the few pointers from CM BS Yediyurappa press conference after the cabinet meeting.
- The virus is spreading aggressively across the state. It’s worse than Maharashtra and Delhi.
- We will vaccinate people above the age of 18 free of cost at govt hospitals.
- Above 45 years the central government is anyway vaccinating them free of cost.
- From tomorrow, for 14 days, there will be strict measures in place across the state.
- Essential groceries will be allowed to be purchased between 6 am to 10 am
- The manufacturing sector apart from garments, construction, and agricultural sectors will continue, no prohibitions
- Essential services will continue
- A curfew will be in place as we have seen on weekends
- DCs will have to take strict measures. People will have to cooperate. If they do, then we can achieve our target.
- Inter/intra-state travel will not be allowed on these days. Only for emergency purposes, they’ll be allowed.