Kanpur Encounter: Vikas Dubey’s men cut cops’ head, toes with axe in ‘Maoist-style’ siege, reveals autopsy

Eight police officials were killed by gangster Vikas Dubey after he and his allegedly opened fire on a police team that was trying to arrest a criminal in the city late on Thursday night.

The Kanpur encounter in which eight police officers lost their lives has left the whole country in a shock. What came as more shocking was the fact that the main accused Vikas Dubey was informed about the police’s raid by someone from the local police station.

Dubey’s aide Daya Shankar Agnihotri revealed that the gangster received a phone call from the police station before the police came to arrest him, following which he called around 25-30 people and ambushed the cops.

Now in another development, the autopsy report of the eight police officials who were killed in the ambush has revealed that henchmen of Dubey Billhaur Circle Officer (CO) Devendra Mishra’s head with an axe and mutilated his body, reported The Times of India.

According to The Times of India report, a sub-inspector was sprayed with bullets while another constable suffered gunshots, possibly from an AK-47. The report also suggests that the assailants enjoyed ‘altitudinal advantage’. The report also claims that Dubey and his men had positioned snipers on the rooftops to ambush the police officials.

“Such a guerilla-style ambush is unprecedented in Uttar Pradesh. First a trap was laid by placing a JCB machine on the dirt road and then the gang members sprung a surprise by firing from rooftops. This is the normal strategy adopted by Maoists. A blackout was enforced on the stretch as part of the tactics,” The Times of India quoted Inspector General of Police, Kanpur Range, Mohit Agarwal as saying. 

The autopsy report, which revealed about the head and shoulders injuries of the eight police officials, has shocked the doctors. 

About the Kanpur Encounter:

Eight police officials were killed by gangster Vikas Dubey after he and his allegedly opened fire on a police team that was trying to arrest a criminal ina the city late on Thursday night.

After the encounter, UP Director General of Police (DGP) Hitesh Chandra Awasthi said that the Kanpur encounter incident was a “well-planned conspiracy”, adding that forensic team from Lucknow and the local forensic team have collected evidence to unravel the conspiracy behind this attack.

“This is a very unfortunate incident. The criminals fled after the attack on police personnel. It was a conspiracy. An earthmover machine was put there deliberately to stop their way and in the darkness, they were attacked. This incident would not have happened without a well-planned conspiracy,” news agency ANI quoted him as saying.

Meanwhile, ANI has reported that Dubey’s last location was traced in Auraiya and it is suspected that he might have gone to Madhya Pradesh or Rajasthan, crossing the Uttar Pradesh border. So far, the UP police has contacted the police of both the states. However, the police and the ATS have not yet discovered anything in this regard.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply