- New cases of corona are increasing in Maharashtra
- Is the wave of corona ending from Maharashtra?
- The figures are also decreasing due to less testing
- Cases may almost end in Maharashtra by January 31
Maharashtra, including Mumbai, is witnessing a rapid decline in new cases of corona. Due to the decrease in the data day by day, it is also being said that the effect of the third wave seems to be diminishing now. However, what is the opinion of the expert in this matter, why are the cases of corona decreasing? On this the team of Navbharat Times Online spoke to Dr. Gautam Bhansali, a member of Maharashtra Kovid Task Force.
According to him, seeing the way corona cases were increasing, it was being said that by January 15, in Maharashtra and Mumbai, the corona would reach its peak. He also said that by January 31, the cases of corona will almost end in Mumbai and the state.
cases will increase in the country
Dr. Bhansali said that with the reduction of corona cases in Mumbai and Maharashtra, their effect will be visible in other states of the country. Gradually, the peak of the third wave of Corona will come there too. Along with this, there will be a tremendous increase in corona cases. Similar trend has been seen in Mumbai and Maharashtra recently.
Reasons for the decline of covid cases
1) Dr. Gautam Bhansali said that the most important reason for the decrease in corona cases is that the state government had imposed strict restrictions on people coming from high risk countries in time. Along with this, he was also isolated when needed.
2) One of the reasons for the decrease in the cases of corona is also that the state government is running the vaccination campaign at a fast pace in Maharashtra including Mumbai so that every person can be vaccinated.
3) In view of the threat of the third wave of the corona epidemic, people have also started following the corona rules.
4) One of the reasons for the decrease in corona cases is that at present the testing of people is also being reduced. Earlier, about two lakh samples were tested, whereas now about one and a half lakh people are being tested.
5) At present, there is no prohibition to conduct corona test in Maharashtra and Mumbai. However, BMC or other bodies have reduced the rate of testing of asymptomatic patients somewhat. Because patients with mild symptoms are recovering at home.
Decline in new cases of corona